Dietitian / Nutritionist
Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center On the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (Pendleton, OR)
INTRODUCTION: This is a full time job, five (5) days at 37.5 hours per week. The position is located at Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center (YTHC) on the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) near Pendleton, Oregon. The CTUIR operates YTHC under compact with the Federal government. The clinic provides comprehensive healthcare to an Indian population of approximately 3,000 people.
SUPERVISION: Community Wellness Director
SUPERVISES: Senior Center Kitchen Staff & WIC Program Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The nutritionist/ will be responsible for planning, organizing, educating and evaluating the nutrition component of patient, staff and community health care according to cultural, social and physiological requirements. Have an understanding of the Administration of Older Americans (AoA) Title VI nutrition requirements. provide nutritional consultation to clinical patients as ordered.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Nutritionist will be the primary contact for all nutritional matters/activities.
- Nutritionist performs within the Yellowhawk Clinic to offer nutritional assessment and medical nutrition therapy in collaboration with medical care providers. Receives referrals from providers for patients with special nutritional needs. Areas that will be addressed will include but not be limited to, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, weight control, geriatrics, maternal and child health and other disease states.
- Nutritionist will serve as a member of the health care team and specialty areas relating to nutrition.
- Nutritionist will be available to provide consultation and training to administrators, health professionals and food service personnel.
- Nutritionist will provide consultation on the development and improvement in the standards of nutritional services provided.
- Provides information and education to the tribal community either in a group setting or individually that may include basic nutrition, menu planning, food preparation, food selection and meeting of nutritional needs for all life cycles.
- Directs and manages the Senior’s Nutritional program, including menu development to meet the nutritional guidelines established for the Title VI congregate and home delivered meals.
- Provides training, supervision and guidance to Senior Center Kitchen staff.
- Has an understanding of the policies and procedures of the Oregon WIC Program.
- Participates in the OWCA meetings and in other education opportunities required by the program.
- Participates as an instructor in the diabetes classes sponsored by the Special Diabetes Grant.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in dietetics, or foods and nutrition with an ADA approved internship or equivalent.
- Two years of professional or specialized nutrition experience.
- Possess and maintain current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Possess a Certified diabetes Education Certification or can obtain within 1 year
- Possess a Food Managers Certification or within 6 months
- Individual must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Must be able to organize and present group information sessions using audio-visual aids.
- Demonstrated ability with database management and software programs.
- At least two years of management experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to perform job duties that involve driving GSA vehicles both on and off the Umatilla Indian Reservation and maintain insurability to operate a GSA vehicle.
- Represents Yellowhawk with a respected and viable presence in the community.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain insurance requirements to operate General Services Administration vehicles.
- Must submit to and pass a reference and criminal background check.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
The success of YTHC’s delivery of health care services, its business operation and reputation are built on the principles of our employees’ fair and ethical conduct. Our reputation for integrity and excellence requires careful observance of the terms of YTHC’s contracts with funding agencies, the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual, and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations, as well as the adherence of YTHC employees to the highest standards that govern their professions, conduct and personal integrity.
More Information: http://yellowhawk.org/jobs/dietitian-nutritionist-pull-screen-date-102717/