STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
200 University Ridge
Greenville, SC 29602
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
NUTRITIONIST II-Sign-On Bonus
An Equal Opportunity Employer
THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE ANY CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OR ENTITLEMENTS. THE AGENCY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THE CONTENT OF THIS DOCUMENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. NO PROMISES OR ASSURANCES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, WHICH ARE CONTRARY TO OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PARAGRAPH CREATE ANY CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
OPENING DATE: 10/13/21 CLOSING DATE: 10/24/21 04:27 PM
JOB TITLE: NUTRITIONIST II-Sign-On Bonus CLASS CODE: KB40
POSITION NUMBER: 61006793 SLOT NUMBER:
STATE SALARY RANGE:
$28,215.00 - $52,203.00 Annually
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $33,874
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $41,657
LOCATION: Spartanburg County, South Carolina
JOB TYPE: FTE - Full-Time
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT SPECIFICS (IF ANY):
AGENCY SPECIFIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
If you meet the requirements of the position and would like to be considered, you must submit a state application online. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. The quality of the application presented (completeness and accuracy as well as grammar and spelling) will be considered prior to the offer of an interview. A criminal records check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the stated closing date.
Sign-on bonus of $5,000!
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
The hiring sign-on bonus of $5,000 is not applicable to current DHEC employees that wish to apply. Current DHEC employees, if you have any questions, please contact your local Human Resource Department.
This position is ideal for those who enjoy nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding promotion, and empowering families through community nutrition.
Change lives, starting with your own.
If you’re passionate about nutrition and health and think there’s more to life than 50-hours work weeks, you should apply.
In support of our mission to improve the quality of life for South Carolinians by promoting the health of the public, DHEC of Spartanburg County is hiring a Nutritionist II.
You’ll also enjoy regular hours, state benefits, a comprehensive vacation and state holiday package, and the legacy of empowering families for generations to come.
The impact we make could be bigger and more positive than any in our lifetime. It’s a unique opportunity to leave a legacy and still live a life.
• Conducts individualized nutrition assessments to evaluate participant eligibility for certification on the Women, Infant, & Children (WIC) Program, including obtaining thorough health history, dietary recall, anthropometrics and biochemical data, evaluation of risk status, and referral screening. Prescribes tailored WIC food packages. Completes documentation for high-risk participants utilizing SOAP Note format. Provides and documents individualized nutrition follow up for low-risk participants.
• Delivers individualized and group nutrition education and counseling to low-risk participants. Use motivational interviewing techniques to facilitate behavior change. Works with clients to develop mutual nutrition and/or physical activity goals. Refers low risk participants to web-based nutrition education. Develops, conducts, and evaluates group nutrition education for WIC participants following the facilitated learning process.
• Provides breastfeeding promotion and support to pregnant and breastfeeding participants. Screens all pregnant and breastfeeding participants and refers to the appropriate level of care. Issues and monitors breastfeeding supplies.
• Provides formula education and support to participants on WIC contract and List I special formulas. Monitors WIC contract and special formulas as assigned. Refers all participants on List II special formulas and metabolic formulas to the Registered Dietitian.
• Ensures professional skills and knowledge are maintained through participation in continuing education opportunities, WIC trainings, region in-service programs, and agency required trainings. Complete and maintain Certified Lactation Counselor credential if required for the job duties.
• Promotes and builds up the WIC Program through active participation as a member of a multidisciplinary WIC team in clinic/class scheduling, caseload monitoring, and outreach; works with other program staff and disciplines to enhance integration and quality of service.
• Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of nutrition education materials and resources. Prepares and submits required reports and other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
State Minimum Requirements: A bachelor's degree in home economics, home economics education, human ecology, family and child development, dietetics, or foods and nutrition or institutional management.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Agency Additional Requirements: : Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Family Consumer Sciences, Home Economics, Health Promotion or other approved nutrition or health-related degree. Transcripts for all degrees are required to be considered. Other health-related degrees are required to have taken a minimum of two nutrition-specific courses to be eligible.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
$5,000 sign- on bonus will be divided into three separate payments. Employee will receive $1,500 within 2 months of hire date and $1,000 after they complete orientation to include training and are able to work independently. Employee will receive $2,500 at the two-year anniversary. Employee will be required to work for a minimum of 24 months after the hire date with the Agency.
DRIVING RECORD: If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
SC DHEC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employing agency. We are committed to a diverse workforce. SC DHEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
More Information: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sc/job_bulletin.cfm?JobID=3269329