We invite our members to explore our various WIC-related webinars through our Online Community. To access the online community, log-in to your account and click "Go To The Online Community."
We offer webinars most Thursdays at 3:00 pm ET (unless otherwise noted) and they last one hour. See below for a schedule of upcoming webinars. Webinar archives are available to NWA members only. If you are a member, please log-in to your NWA account on www.nwica.org > go to "My Account" > "Go to Online Community" > "Webinar Archives," which be located on the left menu bar.
To attend NWA webinars, you must register in advance. The links will take you directly to registration. Upon completing your registration, you will receive a confirmation email. If you don't see that email, please check your spam/junk mail folder. We strongly recommend you add email@example.com to your email safe senders list to be sure you get your confirmation and other important emails about the webinar.
Have a webinar idea? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact of Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative in Maryland on Selected WIC Agency Breastfeeding Rates and Maternal Experiences of Breastfeeding Support
Thursday, October 1, 2020, at 3:00 pm ET
- The Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) has been identified as an effective intervention to improve breastfeeding outcomes both globally and in the U.S. The impact of Baby Friendly Hospital Designation (BFHD) on WIC participants has not been systematically assessed. In 2016, four Maryland hospitals received BFHD. For each of these hospitals, a large percentage of pregnant participants of the local WIC agency deliver at that hospital. Our panel will discuss the results of our three-pronged approach to assessing the impact of BFHD on breastfeeding practices in Maryland through state administrative data, postpartum telephone surveys and in-depth interviews. Come learn from Maryland WIC providers and researchers how policies related to maternity hospital practices impact WIC participant infant feeding patterns and join the discussion about how to support and empower WIC participants to ensure they experience breastfeeding supportive care during their hospital maternity experience.
- Speakers: Kirstie Ducharme-Smith, Danielle Gaskin, and Susan Gross. All Speakers are from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Please click HERE to register
Implementation of the SNAP Online Purchasing Pilot
Thursday, October 15, 2020, at 3:00 pm ET
- The COVID-19 pandemic has sparked increased interest and advocacy around online ordering and purchasing for federal nutrition programs. During the pandemic, nearly 40 states were added to the SNAP Online Purchasing Pilot – expanding retail options for millions of households receiving SNAP benefits. Join this webinar to hear from retail partners and additional stakeholders who will talk through implementation of the SNAP pilot, its effect on WIC consumers, and next steps for streamlining WIC transactions.
Looking Forward: The WIC Landscape Following the Presidential Election
Thursday, November 19, 2020, at 3:00 pm ET
- Join NWA’s Public Policy Team to discuss the impact of the recent federal elections on child nutrition policy, including funding and policy priorities. This webinar will detail opportunities for WIC providers to advocate for the program in the coming year, lifting up WIC priorities with newly elected policymakers.
Supporting Working Moms: New Opportunities for Mom-Friendly Workplace Policy
Thursday, December 17, 2020, at 3:00 pm ET
- NWA has joined a chorus of other groups in advocating for strong labor protections for pregnant women and new parents. Congress has considered both straightforward and bold proposals to require that employers take measures to support working parents, including through the establishment of the nation’s first paid family leave program. Join national advocates for an update on the state of these legislative proposals and how you can advocate for these policies in the new Congress.
All registered attendees will receive the following within a week of the live webinar broadcast:
- Webinar Recording
- Slides (If approved by the Presenter to Share)
- Certificate of Attendance
- Continuing Education Certificate (If Offered)
Have a webinar question? Email us: email@example.com.