Senior Public Health Nutritionist
Hillsborough WIC (Tampa, FL)
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Develops, documents, and implements nutrition care plans based on assessments of nutrition needs and other current health plans, and provides follow up and referral as needed.
- Provides WIC nutrition assessments and counseling to clients on normal and therapeutic diets. Provides 2nd nutrition education contacts for all clients in the family record and high risk/medical. Auditing records.
- Completes WIC certifications. Provides individual and group education sessions for clients and others as needed (e.g. Subjective Objective Assessment Plan (SOAP) notes, nutrition questionnaire assessments, goal setting). Utilizes the high-risk report to monitor 2nd contact compliance. Responsible for monthly high-risk report for the clinic.
- Collects anthropometric data of clients through conducting height/stature and weight measurements. When needed, will perform fingers sticks to assess hemoglobin levels of WIC participants. PHN will receive training on proper anthropometric and hematological collection methods by an approved trainer prior to job duties.
- Submits reports such as travel, People First and Health Management System (HMS) within the timeframe assigned.
- Assists supervisor to assure proper clinic operations, including adherence to policies and procedures by support staff.
- Conducts and/or attends health related meetings, staff meetings, committees, and work groups. Assists with outreach activities, health fairs and other community activities as needed.
- Seeks to improve professional development within the scope of public health by way of approved workshops and training activities. Completes related assignments as necessary.
- At times employee may be scheduled or assigned to work in other locations within Hillsborough County; travels to clinics and performs other duties as assigned for Public Health Nutritionist Supervisor or Program Manager.
- If fluent in another language, you may be required to assist with translating to ensure quality.
More Information: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=432241&company=stateoffloP