Type: Part Time, Permanent
Rate: $20.23-$23.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: May 30, 2022
Tired of just being a number where you work? Clermont County Public Health is a great place for energetic self-starters that enjoy spending most of their day on their own working in a caring environment where their opinions matter. Striving to protect the public’s health by preventing the spread of disease and working with the community to educate and promote good health practices. We follow an attractive work schedule that starts at 8:30 am and finishes at 4:30 pm with paid holidays off and at least two weeks of paid vacation the first year of employment. It is also a stable work environment that is relatively unaffected by economic fluctuations. If this sounds like an organization you would like to work for, please read the following information about the requirements for employment by Clermont County Public Health. We look forward to hearing from you!
Determine client qualifications for the WIC program. Provide nutrition education and counseling to income eligible women (pregnant, breast-feeding and post-partum), infants, and children up to the age of five years. Promote and support breastfeeding. Conduct nutrition assessments. Document notes in participant charts. Assign risk codes and appropriate food packages. Issue breast pumps. Follow WIC Policies and Procedures. Utilize a computer and texting program. Prepare educational materials. Conduct outreach activities. Refer clients to other services. Obtain anthropometric measurements. Conduct hemoglobin tests. Perform clerical duties as needed. Attend meetings and complete required trainings.
• Either a Registered, Licensed Dietitian or Nutrition Associate (completed a B.S. in Dietetics)
• Skilled in working with computers and the public
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Required to have regular and predictable attendance
Clermont County Public Health offers a generous benefits package to employees:
• Supplemental Life Insurance – Employees may purchase up to $250,000 employee, $100,000 spouse, and $20,000 children.
• Accident and Critical Illness Insurance - Available to be picked up by the employee.
• Long-term Disability – Agency picks up first 5 years until employee becomes vested in PERS.
• Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) – All employees contribute 10% of their salary to PERS and the agency contributes 14%. Agency estimated value based on salaries above range from $5,600 to $7,700 annually. Employees do not pay federal social security tax from income, all contributions go directly towards PERS.
• Deferred Compensation Plans– Employees may contribute to tax deferred supplemental retirement accounts.
• Paid Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave – Vacation starts at 2 weeks annually with up to 5 weeks per year at 20 years of service. Ten to twelve paid holidays annually. Sick leave accrues at 4.6 hours per 80 hour pay period which amounts to 15 days per year.
• Fleet Vehicle – CCPH provides fleet vehicles to all inspection staff and covers all fuel and maintenance. Fleet vehicles are not take home vehicles.
All applicants must apply online at https://ccphohio.org/job-openings/ and follow the instructions for applying. Resumes and cover letters sent directly to the Public Health office cannot be accepted, they must be uploaded through the website. For general questions regarding the position please email Katherine Schneider, RD, LD at email@example.com.
Clermont County Public Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be selected for interviews based on qualifications and the quality of resumes and cover letters. Successful applicants, upon a conditional job offer, must complete a criminal background check, pre-employment physical and driving record check. Successful applicants must be tobacco and nicotine free.