NUTRITION EDUCATOR - 64004822 1
Department of Health (Titusville, FL)
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Performs nutritional assessments on prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children from birth to five years of age.
- Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling to prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children from birth to five years of age.
- Determines nutritional risk factors and eligibility for potential clients in the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program.
- Performs anthropometrics (heights and weights) and hematological testing as needed on Women, Infants and Children.
- Accurately documents assessments, care plans, notes into the electronic medical record.
- Promotes WIC though participation in community outreach events.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of evidence-based nutrition principles
- Nutritional assessment skills
- Individual nutritional counseling skills
- Setting specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timed (SMART) client-centered goal
- Nutrition documentation in narrative and Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan (SOAP) format
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of computer for data entry, Microsoft Office software, electronic medical record
- Requires, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with the major course of study in nutritional science, community nutrition, clinical nutrition or dietetics in accordance with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Association and Florida Chapter 468.
- Requires travel in various clinic locations and other community partners in Brevard County throughout the day.
- Must be willing to work before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours in the event of an emergency. This includes emergency duties including, but not limited to, response to threats involving any disaster, man-made or natural.
- Willing to perform anthropometrics and finger sticks on a child
- Prefers work experience providing nutrition counseling.
- Prefer experience working in WIC.
- Prefer the ability to fluently read, write, and speak both English and Spanish or Creole.
Florida Department of Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.
I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
A ccountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
Where You Will Work:
The Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- Annual and Sick Leave benefits;
- Nine paid holidays and one Personal Holiday each year;
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance options;
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions
(For more information, please click www.myfrs.com);
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Tuition waivers;
- And more!
For a more complete list of benefits, including monthly costs, visit www.mybenefits.myflorida.com.
More Information: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TITUSVILLE-NUTRITION-EDUCATOR-64004822-1-FL-32796/1021719700/