Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
1. Provides WIC certification including health history, anthropometrics, immunization screening, hemoglobin, evaluation of risk status, nutrition and health counseling, prescription of WIC food package, documentation and high-risk referrals following program standards and protocols. Provides Level I and Level II counseling and support within their scope of practice to new mothers. Maintain CLC certification. Issues breast pumps to WIC certified breastfeeding participants according to policy.
2. Develops, conducts, and evaluates group nutrition education for WIC participants following the facilitated learning process.
3. Provides and documents individual nutrition follow-up for low-risk referrals.
4. Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary WIC team in clinic/class scheduling, caseload monitoring, and outreach; works with other program staff and disciplines to enhance integration and quality of service.
5. Monitors WIC contract and special formulas as assigned.
6. Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of nutrition education materials and resources.
7. Provides breastfeeding promotion and support activities as instructed. Issues and monitors breastfeeding supplies as requested.
8. Prepares and submits required reports and other duties as assigned.