Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
1. Nutrition Care: Assess and diagnose the nutritional status of high-risk patients referred from WIC Programs. Develop, implement and monitor nutrition interventions including counseling, follow-up, referral and coordination of care with other health providers. Provide and document care according to program policy and the Nutritional Care Process (NCP). Conduct healthy living weight management classes for WIC participants. Promotes and support breastfeeding to pregnant and breastfeeding women. Counsel breastfeeding women on the management of high-risk nutrition related conditions. Assist with quality assurance processes for WIC program nutrition services, i.e. WIC certifications, nutrition education and special formulas.
2. Special Formulas: Approve, document, distribute and track List II and metabolic formulas according to WIC Program and CSHCN policies and procedures. Provide consultation and technical assistance related to List II and metabolic formulas to the clinic staff and health care providers.
3. Consultation, Technical Assistance and Outreach: Provide consultation and technical assistance related to nutrition care to members of the health care team, other health care providers and the community. Assist with the supervised professional practice experiences for dietetic interns completing rotations in the region.
4. Professional Development and Training: Update professional skills and knowledge to assure delivery of quality nutrition services. Participates in continuing education opportunities to assure utilization of evidenced-based practice. Complete and maintain advance certification(s) required for position.
5. Performs Related Duties as Assigned: Performs related duties as assigned. Participates in disaster preparedness as outlined in the DHEC Region/County plan during hazardous weather or declaration of emergency. During such times, the incumbent is designated as an essential employee and subject to duty and/or call on a 24-hour basis.