STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
200 University Ridge
Greenville, SC 29602
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
NUTRITIONIST III REGISTERED DIETITIAN
An Equal Opportunity Employer
THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE ANY CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OR ENTITLEMENTS. THE AGENCY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THE CONTENT OF THIS DOCUMENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. NO PROMISES OR ASSURANCES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, WHICH ARE CONTRARY TO OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PARAGRAPH CREATE ANY CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
OPENING DATE: 10/15/21 CLOSING DATE: 10/25/21 08:56 AM
JOB TITLE: NUTRITIONIST III REGISTERED DIETITIAN CLASS CODE: KB45
POSITION NUMBER: 61006772 SLOT NUMBER:
STATE SALARY RANGE:
$34,331.00 - $63,524.00 Annually
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $47,424
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $58,186
LOCATION: Cherokee County, South Carolina
JOB TYPE: FTE - Full-Time
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT SPECIFICS (IF ANY):
AGENCY SPECIFIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
If you meet the requirements of the position and would like to be considered, you must submit a state application online. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. The quality of the application presented (completeness and accuracy as well as grammar and spelling) will be considered prior to the offer of an interview. A criminal records check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the stated closing date.
THIS POSITION IS A REPOST! PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY!
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
Change lives, starting with your own.
If you’re passionate about nutrition and health and think there’s more to life than 50-hours work weeks, you should apply.
In support of our mission to improve the quality of life for South Carolinians by promoting the health of the public. DHEC of Cherokee County is hiring a Registered Dietitian for the WIC program to work in Cherokee, Spartanburg, and Union County.
You’ll also enjoy regular hours, state benefits, a comprehensive vacation and state holiday package, and the legacy of empowering families for generations to come.
The impact we make could be bigger and more positive than any in our lifetime. It’s a unique opportunity to leave a legacy and still live a life.
• Assess and diagnose the nutritional status of high-risk patients referred from WIC Programs.
• Develops, implement and monitor nutrition interventions including counseling, follow-up, referral, and coordination of care with other health care providers.
• Provide and document care according to program policy and the Nutrition Care Process (NCP).
• Promote and support breastfeeding to pregnant and breastfeeding women. Counsel breastfeeding women on the management of low or high-risk nutrition related medical conditions. Issue and monitor breast pumps and breastfeeding supplies.
• Assist with quality assurance processes for WIC program nutrition services, i.e., WIC certifications, nutrition education, and special formulas.
• Approve, document, distribute and track, List I, List II and metabolic formulas according to WIC Program and CSHCN policies and procedures.
• Provide consultation and technical assistance related to List II and metabolic formulas to the clinic staff and health care providers.
Consultation, Technical Assistance and Outreach:
• Provide consultation and technical assistance related to nutrition care to members of the health care team, other health care providers and the community.
• Assist with the supervised professional practice experiences for dietetic interns completing rotations in the region.
• Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary WIC team in clinic/class scheduling, caseload monitoring, and outreach.
• Work with other program staff and disciplines to enhance integration and quality of service.
Professional Development and Training:
• Update professional skills and knowledge to assure delivery of quality nutrition services.
• Participate in continuing education opportunities.
• Complete and maintain advance certification(s) required for the position.
• Participate in continuing education, WIC trainings, region in-service programs, and agency required trainings to enhance job-related knowledge.
• Prepares and submit reports and document as required.
Assessment and Certification:
• Provide WIC certifications including health history, anthropometrics, immunization screening, hemoglobin or hematocrit testing, evaluation of risk status, prescription of WIC food package, documentation, and high-risk referrals following program standards and protocols.
• Provide and document individual nutrition education counseling and follow-up for participants with low-risk medical conditions.
• Plan, conduct, and evaluate group nutrition education classes in accordance with WIC guidelines and agency policies.
• Document all nutrition education contacts according to WIC policies and procedures.
• Perform hemoglobin controls as needed in accordance with CLIA and agency standards.
Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
State Minimum Requirements: Some positions require registration or eligibility for registration by the American Dietetics Association. A bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics or community nutrition and experience in a clinical, public health or institutional setting; or a bachelor’s degree in any field and registration by the American Dietetics Association and experience in a clinical, public health or institutional setting. Some positions require registration with the American Dietetics Association and a valid license from the South Carolina Panel for Dietetics.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Agency Additional Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, foods and nutrition, community nutrition, dietetic or related field and a Registered Dietitian (RD or RDN); or Bachelor’s degree in any field and completion of an accredited didactic program in dietetics and a Registered Dietitian (RD or RDN).
Must have a current license to practice dietetics from the SC Panel of Dietetics or be eligible to apply for a license to Practice in South Carolina.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
DRIVING RECORD: If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
SC DHEC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employing agency. We are committed to a diverse workforce. SC DHEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
More Information: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sc/job_bulletin.cfm?JobID=3251446