PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITIONIST - 64002754
Florida Department of Health (VIERA, FL)
Location: VIERA, FL, US, 32940
Requisition No: 803366
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITIONIST - 64002754
Position Number: 64002754
Salary: $1200.00-$1894.05 Bi-weekly
Posting Closing Date: 06/06/2023
Click here to apply: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/VIERA-PUBLIC-HEALTH-NUTRITIONIST-64002754-FL-32940/1032313600/
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Performs nutritional assessments on prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children from birth to five years of age.
- Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling to prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children from birth to five years of age.
- Determines nutritional risk factors and eligibility for potential clients in the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program.
- Performs anthropometrics (heights and weights) and hematological testing as needed on Women, Infants and Children.
- Accurately documents assessments, care plans, notes and enters correctly into the electronic medical record.
- Promotes WIC though participation in community outreach events.
- Assists with reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Entry level Dietitian/Nutritionist skills such as knowledge of evidence-based nutrition principles, nutritional assessment, nutritional counseling, nutrition education, goal setting in specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timed (SMART) client-centered, and nutrition documentation in narrative and Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan (SOAP) format
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of computer for data entry, Microsoft Office software, electronic medical record
- Requires, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with the major course of study in nutritional science, community nutrition, clinical nutrition or dietetics in accordance with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Association and Florida Chapter 468.
- Requires a current/active license, in good standing, as a Dietitian or Nutritionist in the State of Florida issued by the Division of Medical Quality Assurance.
- Requires travel in various clinic locations and other community partners in Brevard County throughout the day.
- Must be willing to work before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours in the event of an emergency. This includes emergency duties including, but not limited to, response to threats involving any disaster, man-made or natural.
- Prefer previous nutrition-related work experience.
- Prefer experience working in WIC.
- Prefer the ability to fluently read, write, and speak both English and Spanish or Creole.
Florida Department of Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.
I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
A ccountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
Where You Will Work:
The Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- Annual and Sick Leave benefits;
- Nine paid holidays and one Personal Holiday each year;
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance options;
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions
(For more information, please click www.myfrs.com);
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Tuition waivers;
- And more!
For a more complete list of benefits, including monthly costs, visit www.mybenefits.myflorida.com.
Additional Application Instructions
Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.
More Information: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/VIERA-PUBLIC-HEALTH-NUTRITIONIST-64002754-FL-32940/1032313600/