Seasonal Part-Time WIC Dietitian
Lorain County Public Health (Elyria, OH)
Under the supervision of the WIC Director or Health Commissioner, assists with certification/recertification of the WIC participants; provides them with nutrition education either individually or in group sessions; performs other related duties as required.
- Assists with certification/recertification of WIC participants; prescribes appropriate food packages.
- Provides nutrition counseling to WIC participants individually and/or in group sessions regarding normal nutritional needs including breastfeeding; establishes individual nutrition goals; completes necessary documentation in the medical record.
- Compiles statistics and data needed to complete monthly reports and other reports required by the Ohio WIC Program; provides ideas and contributes to the execution of the WIC Program Nutrition Education Plan.
- When necessary, assists Health Aide in obtaining medical data (heights, weights, and hematocrits) needed for certification/recertification.
- Helps develop nutrition education materials, newsletters, outreach information, etc.
- Sets up and operates visual aids; does food demonstrations; etc. as assigned.
- Reports upon directive in an emergency.
More Information: www.loraincountyhealth.com/employment