Jamaica Plain/Brighton WIC Program (Boston, MA)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides individual and group nutrition and lactation counseling for WIC clients including nutritional assessment, development of care plans, nutrition education, and follow-up.
- Responsible for the training and clinical supervision of the WIC Community Nutritionists.
- Assists the WIC/Nutrition Director in the development of protocols for nutrition care, based on State WIC guidelines and recommendations.
- Trains, clinically supervises and evaluates WIC Nutrition Assistants and Dietetic Interns.
- Provides some clinical coverage, for WIC nutrition staff when they are out sick or on vacation.
- Develops educational materials for individual and group use.
- Supervises the nutrition component of the Farmers Market Coupon distribution.
- Serves as a resource for health center staff and community agencies; acts as a liaison between State agency and the local program on nutritional issues. Provides WIC nutrition outreach visits with the Community Coordinator.
- Participates in select Health Center and State Agency committees; attends appropriate Health Center meetings, State agency meetings and continuing education programs. Helps plan and participates in WIC/Nutrition Department meetings.
- Participates in Quality Assurance program for WIC services, including monitoring Hemacue protocols.
- Provides nutrition education to Brookside patients on a limited basis.
More Information: https://www.brighamandwomens.org/about-bwh/careers