WIC Nurse Nutritionist
Cheyenne Regional - WIC (Cheyenne , WY)
WIC Program Grant
Hours Per Week (ex. 24 not 24-32):
Minimum Salary: (Dependent On Experience) $
Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual care and nutrition for participants in the Women, Infants, and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program (WIC). Provides education and promotion of WIC initiatives.
- Conducts nutrition and health screening, anthropometric, and hematologic assessment to determine WIC eligibility. Prescribes supplemental food package, develops care plans for high risk participants, perform individualized counseling, nutrition education, and referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Responsible for the WIC certification process which includes health history, screening, and assessment, planned intervention and provision of expertise regarding maternal/child health problems.
- Develops care plans for high-risk participants. If RD, may serve as local agency/regional high-risk nutrition counselor.
- Directs, plans, implements, and evaluates individual and group nutrition education. Develops overall local agency nutrition education plan which encompasses a needs assessment, bi-monthly lesson plans, newsletters, and other education as necessary. Serves as a nutritional resource within the local community.
- Responsible for breastfeeding promotion including: client and community education (infant feeding classes), collaboration with community breastfeeding partners, clinic review to ensure implementation of breastfeeding friendly standards and policies, development and maintenance of client-centered breastfeeding plans of care, implementation of the breastfeeding section of the Nutrition Education plan, monitoring of breastfeeding program evaluation and statistics, and coordinating breastfeeding equipment and aids activities. Keep current on latest breastfeeding information, materials, and trends.
- Monitors adherence to Federal and State WIC Regulations and Policies within local agency. Interprets regulations. Assists with statistical information. Assists in establishing program goals and objectives. Researches, field tests and periodically reviews assessment tools for program operations.
- May serve as local agency vendor monitor including initiating and maintaining bi-annual vendor contracts, providing quarterly vendor compliance monitoring as per WIC Program regulations, and reviewing EBT transaction quarterly sales report and/or EBT vendor counseling report as needed. Performs any high-risk vendor monitoring as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Interpersonal skills as applied to contacts with clientele, representatives of resource agencies, employers, and other community agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of application of principles and practices of public health; medical and patient care practice; human behavior; adult education principles/adult learning theory; maternal/child health principles; federal, state and local laws pertaining to health care
- Knowledge of effective practices in record keeping/program development
- Knowledge of community resources and organizations, skill in building partnerships and skill in client referral
- Ability to exercise independent judgment; perceive when change is needed and creatively bring about change
- Ability to evaluate services according to standards; apply decision making and motivate others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of participant information
- Ability to use basic office equipment including computers, word processing, and database applications
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, nutrition, or dietetics
- BSN or Registered Dietitian
- One year of professional work experience in a program that provides services in maternal/child health, women's health or public health care
More Information: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=97086687768&locale=en_US&SRCSEQ=postingSearchResults&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=CheyenneRegionalKTMDReqExt