National WIC Association (Remote)
Job Posting: Bookkeeper
The National WIC Association (NWA), located in Washington, DC, seeks a full-time Bookkeeper to join its diverse team of sixteen dedicated professionals. NWA is a high-impact non-profit, member organization that represents more than 2,000 service provider agencies that offer quality nutrition education, breastfeeding support, health care and other social referral services to at-risk women and young children in over 10,000 WIC clinics nationwide.
The Bookkeeper assists the Comptroller with efficient transactional processing through NWA’s accounting system, and with financial record-keeping. The Bookkeeper is responsible for Accounts Payable, Closings, Reporting, and related Records Management as described below. The incumbent works closely with the Operations Manager to ensure overall bookkeeping and accounting processes are coordinated effectively.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process payables via Bill.com, ensuring proper vendor setup, accurate and appropriate coding of funding sources, functional/departmental classes, account classifications, and descriptions.
- Deliver accurate and timely month end trial balance via supported reconciliations of bank and investment accounts, all other balance sheet, and selected P&L accounts.
- Record membership and event revenues and receipts captured in web-based customer interface systems; reconcile and record receipts via Stripe.
- Develop and post allocations to proper funding source and functional cost codes for salaries and indirect costs.
- Assist Comptroller in preparation of financial statements, management reports, grant spend status, and other routine or ad hoc report requests from Board, management, and staff.
- Track and report revenues and expenses for membership, product sales, conferences and events and single-purpose funds set up by Board or management.
- Maintain physical or electronic control over records to ensure compliance with policy
- Minimum of an associate degree in accounting or related field; A bachelor’s degree in the field is a plus.
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- QuickBooks Online and Desktop including bank links and Bill.com interface.
- Understanding of the accounting cycle; GAAP knowledge beneficial.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel ability.
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent communication skills
$50K – 70K
$NWA provides competitive benefits, including remote work, tuition reimbursement, and professional development opportunities in addition to generous health and disability coverages, family leave, a company-matched retirement program and more.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone solicitation accepted.