5 Reasons to Attend the 2020 NWA Nutrition & Breastfeeding Conference
July 23, 2020
The National WIC Association’s Nutrition Education & Breastfeeding Conference is the most popular gathering of WIC nutrition and breastfeeding professionals in the United States. Session topics span from science and research to policy and best practices. Subject matter includes nutrition, breastfeeding, maternal health, health equity, and community outreach.
With food insecurity on the rise, we are seeing an increased need for nutrition services, breastfeeding advocacy, and health equity work. WIC agencies and workers are addressing these challenges and public health threats with limited resources, making their jobs more challenging than ever. This year’s conference is focused on Feeding Families, Fueling the Future.
Check out the top five reasons you and your team should attend our Nutrition & Breastfeeding Conference, September 9-11:
- Learn from your peers. Surround yourself with peers who understand the importance and challenges of WIC work. Through the conference platform, you can mix and mingle, form new relationships, and strengthen existing ones. Find camaraderie and uncover new ideas by getting to know fellow WIC and nutrition experts from across the nation.
- Hear from thought leaders. The general sessions will be thought provoking and educational. You’ll hear insight from USDA leaders, WIC agencies, researchers, and community members. Use their perspectives to enhance your agency’s work efficiency and goals. Exhibitors will also discuss new products and services for WIC participants.
- Discover new solutions. This conference is a unique learning and career-building opportunity you can’t find anywhere else. Learn about emerging trends and best practices in research and evaluations, technological and program innovations, and directions for WIC’s future. Equip yourself with the tools, skills, and connections to be successful in your field.
- Get inspired. Take this opportunity to step back from day-to-day concerns and focus on big-picture ideas for nutrition, breastfeeding, and equity within WIC’s future. Empower yourself and your agency to meet challenges head-on. Give yourself that boost of energy you need, then use it to educate your community!
- Attend from wherever you are. All conference sessions, exhibits, and networking will be available online, no matter what time zone you live in. This virtual conference is hosted entirely over the internet and will include pre-recorded and live presentations. You can access various sessions, expand your professional skills, and increase your knowledge base – all from the comfort of your own home! Content will be available anytime online until October 11, so you can plan it around your personal schedule.