|OPENING DATE: 11/04/21||CLOSING DATE: 11/14/21 11:59 PM|
|JOB TITLE: Nutritionist II||CLASS CODE: KB40|
|POSITION NUMBER: 61007054||SLOT NUMBER:|
|STATE SALARY RANGE:
$28,215.00 - $52,203.00 Annually
|AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $33,874
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $41,657
|LOCATION: Anderson County, South Carolina|
|JOB TYPE: FTE - Full-Time|
|NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)|
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT SPECIFICS (IF ANY):
|AGENCY SPECIFIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
If you meet the requirements of the position and would like to be considered, you must submit a state application online. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. The quality of the application presented (completeness and accuracy as well as grammar and spelling) will be considered prior to the offer of an interview. A criminal records check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the stated closing date.
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing ServiceChange lives, starting with your own.
If you’re passionate about women, Infant and Children’s Nutrition health and think there’s more to life than 50-hours work weeks, you should apply.
In support of our mission to improve the quality of life for South Carolinians by promoting the health of the public. DHEC of Anderson County is hiring a Nutritionist II.
You’ll also enjoy regular hours, state benefits, a comprehensive vacation and state holiday package, and the legacy of empowering families for generations to come.
The impact we make could be bigger and more positive than any in our lifetime. It’s a unique opportunity to leave a legacy and still live a life.
• Provides WIC certifications including health history, anthropometrics, immunization screening, hemoglobin, evaluation of risk status, nutrition and health counseling, prescription of WIC food package, documentation, and high-risk referrals following program standards and protocols.
• Develops, conducts, and evaluates group nutrition education for WIC participants following the facilitated learning process.
• Provides and documents individual nutrition follow-up for low risk referrals.
• Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary WIC team in clinic/class scheduling, caseload monitoring, and outreach; works with other program staff and disciplines to enhance integration and quality of service.
• Monitors WIC contract and special formulas as assigned.
• Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of nutrition education materials and resources.
• Provides breastfeeding promotion and support activities as instructed. Issues and monitors breastfeeding supplies as requested.
• Prepares and submits required reports and other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
State Minimum Requirements: A bachelor's degree in home economics, home economics education, human ecology, family and child development, dietetics, or foods and nutrition or institutional management.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Agency Additional Requirements: Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Family Consumer Sciences, Home Economics, Health Promotion or other approved nutrition or health-related degree. Applicants need to upload an unofficial copy of their transcript(s) as an attachment to the application.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
More Information: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sc/job_bulletin.cfm?JobID=3299091