Under the limited supervision of the WIC Program Manager, functions as the Lead Licensed Registered Dietitian for the Upstate Region. Participate in quality assurance activities for
professional practice and nutrition services for the Region including WIC and Children with Special Health Care Needs Programs
· Recruit, screen, interview, select, and orients registered dietitians and/or other nutrition staff. Identify nutrition staff training needs, coordinate continuing in-service education training and professional development needs of registered dietitians and/or other nutrition staff. Participate in the performance evaluations of all licensed registered dietitians in the region and assist with the evaluation of other nutrition staff.
· Oversee the quality assurance component of nutrition practice in the region through monitoring and evaluating of the registered dietitians, nutrition staff and/or other region staff delivering nutrition services. Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of client care and nutrition staff productivity standards. Review and make recommendations on staffing needs to the WIC Program Manager, CSHCN Program Manager, Region
Program Director and/or Region Health Director.
· Assist the WIC Program Manager in implementation and monitoring of nutrition-related policies and procedures.
Under the limited supervision of the WIC Program Manager, functions as the Lead Licensed Registered Dietitian for the Region. Participate in quality assurance activities for
· Provide professional expertise, consultation and technical assistance to licensed dietitians, physicians and other health care providers both within and external to the agency. Provide nutrition consultation and technical assistance for region staff on nutrition-related services. Serve as the primary advisor on nutrition and nutrition-related issues for the region. Plan, coordinate and supervise professional practice experiences for dietetic interns completing practicums in the region.
· Update professional skills and knowledge to assure delivery of quality nutrition services. Participate in continuing education opportunities to assure utilization of evidence-based practices. Assist the State Director of Public Health Nutrition in developing nutrition services policies and procedures for nutrition services. List II formula approvals. Completes Level II/Level II breastfeeding support if applicable.
· Participates in disaster preparedness during hazardous weather or declaration of an emergency as outlined in the DHEC Emergency Plans, to include staffing of shelters on site or in other areas of the state. Other duties as assigned, to include providing WIC certifications and mid-certifications, which consists of health history, anthropometrics, immunization screening, hemoglobin testing, evaluation of risk status, prescription of WIC food packages, documentation and referrals following program standards and protocol. Provide nutrition education counseling.
More Information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/newprint/4245238