Personal Health Program Supervisor-WIC
Chester County Health Department (West Chester, PA)
Government Services Center - Westtown, PA
Full Time, Exempt
Public Health WIC
8:00am-4:30pm or 9:30am-6:00pm
The Personal Health Program Supervisor (WIC)oversees all components of his/her assigned program area, including, but not limited to, administration, clinics, education, counseling, and outreach. The Personal Health Program Supervisor (WIC) supervises professional.
The Health Department Program Supervisor is an Essential Employee position. Essential employees are obligated to report to work as scheduled or remain at work during emergencies. Following is the Duty Statement for Essential Employees:
“Carries out essential job functions or assigned emergency duties which may involve assignments within the Department of Health Command Center, deployment to a field location to participate in public health activities, or other duties as required during periods of emergency. If received, emergency assignments may be performed under adverse conditions and continue for periods ranging from a few hours to several weeks
A criminal background check is required.
- Responsible for development, execution and oversight of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs for efficiency, cost effectiveness and compliance.
- Provide team leadership, supervision, training and evaluation for Personal Health Coordinators and other direct reports.
- Oversee and evaluate the recruitment and training of professional and paraprofessional staff assigned to the program area.
- Compile recommendations for operational procedures, policies and/or user manuals for assigned area.
- Ensure compliance with operating procedures and policies.
- Ensure files/records are audited for accuracy and standards.
- Apply effective research skills for purposes of accessing information pertinent to program development.
- Plan, prepare and implement grant budget.
- Responsible for 100% spenddown of annual program budget.
- Monitor grant expenditures for compliance with budget, regulations, bids, and quotes
- Research, plan, develop, write, and implement grant proposals.
- Collects, analyzes, and maintains data through staff reports, observations, databases, trends and time studies.
- Collects and submits measurement data to the activity managers for assigned program area.
- Write, review, and submit written reports to local, state and federal levels as required by grants and/or county administrators.
- Participates in local, state, and national meetings as assigned.
- Develop and maintain current working knowledge of County and Departmental policies/procedures and demonstrate ability and willingness to follow them.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects, as assigned.
Qualifications/Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in in Nutrition and/or Dietetics.
- Minimum of three years of job-related experience.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Ability to relate to people of varied social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and report data.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Strong knowledge and skill in program budgeting and planning.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and handle confidential matters.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Flexibility. Must adapt easily to changes in the work environment.
- Demostrates integrity and honesty.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgement.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Nutrition and/or Dietetics, and/or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist licensed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and the PA Licensing Board.
- Three years of supervisory and program/grant management skills and experience.
- Prior clinical and community experience.
- Demonstrated effective management skills.
- Working technical skills in assigned program area.
- Current working knowledge of County and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems and difficult situations.
Duties/Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Team Management
- Manage relations in/with community
- Manage assigned program
- Program delivery and evaluation
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Intermediate Word skills
- Basic Excel skills
- Basic PowerPoint skills
- Basic OutLook skills (Email and Calendar)
- Basic Internet Explorer skills (for research purposes)
County of Chester
313 W Market St
West Chester, Pennsylvania, 19380
More Information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chesco/jobs/3573611/personal-health-program-supervisor-wic?department%5b0%5d=Public%20Health&sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs