Public Health Nutritionist Supervisor
FDOH Brevard County WIC office (Titusville, FL)
Requisition No: 794685
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITIONIST SUPERVISOR - 64054422
Position Number: 64054422
Salary: $1,165.45-$2,673.47 Bi-Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 03/29/2023
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Supervises Professional and Paraprofessional staff at the clinic site.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate clinic staffing including taking proactive measures for coverage due to planned leave requests.
- Responsible for all supervisory duties including hiring and selection, developing performance plans, conducting performance appraisals, planning, and directing their work, approving leave, and taking disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Performs nutritional assessments on prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants, and children from birth to five years of age.
- Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling to prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants, and children from birth to five years of age.
- Determines nutritional risk factors and eligibility for the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program.
- Performs anthropometrics (heights and weights) and hematological testing as needed on Women, Infants and Children.
- Accurately documents assessments, care plans, notes, and enters correctly into the electronic medical record.
- Promotes WIC though participation in community outreach events.
- Maintains current Nutritionist/Dietitian Licensure by the State of Florida Department of Professional Regulation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervising and evaluating employees
- Leadership skills
- Planning, organization, and coordinating work activities
- Knowledge of evidence-based nutrition principles
- Nutritional assessment skills
- Motivational interviewing skills
- Individualized nutritional counseling skills
- Setting specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timed (SMART) client-centered goals
- Nutrition documentation in narrative and Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan(SOAP) format
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Quality improvement and quality control skills
- Public speaking skills
- Knowledge of computer for data entry, Microsoft Office software, electronic medical record
- Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with the major course of study in nutritional science, community nutrition, clinical nutrition, or dietetics in accordance with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Association and Florida Chapter 468.
- Must have a current/active license, in good standing, as a Dietitian or Nutritionist in the State of Florida issued by the Division of Medical Quality Assurance.
- Must have at least one year of work experience providing nutrition counseling.
- Must have at least two years of work experience with resolving challenging customer service situations.
- Florida Department of Health is required to work before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency. Emergency duty required of the incumbent includes working in special needs shelter or performing other emergency duties including but not limited to, response to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster man-made or natural.
- Preferred at least six months of supervisory/management experience.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program experience preferred.
- Ability to fluently read, write, and speak both English and Spanish or Creole preferred.
Florida Department of Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.
I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
A ccountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
Where You Will Work:
The Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- Annual and Sick Leave benefits;
- Nine paid holidays and one Personal Holiday each year;
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance options;
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions (For more information, please click www.myfrs.com);
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Tuition waivers;
- And more!
For a more complete list of benefits, including monthly costs, visit www.mybenefits.myflorida.com.
More Information: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/VIERA-PUBLIC-HEALTH-NUTRITIONIST-SUPERVISOR-64054422-FL-32940/991496700/