5 Reasons to Attend the 2020 NWA Virtual Annual Conference
May 29, 2020
COVID-19 has changed everything about our lives. With an increased need for remote and online services, WIC agencies and workers have had to address new challenges and public health threats with limited resources, making their jobs more challenging than ever. This year, the National WIC Association’s Virtual Annual Conference is focused on Adapting to Change: Supporting the WIC Community.
This Virtual Conference is specifically curated for the WIC community around key issues like technology, health equity, breastfeeding, nutrition, advocacy, community outreach, and research.
Check out the top five reasons you and your team should attend NWA’s Virtual Annual Conference, June 23-25:
- Learn from your peers. Surround yourself with peers who understand the importance and challenges of WIC work. Through the conference platform, you can mix and mingle, form new relationships, and strengthen existing ones. Find camaraderie and uncover new ideas by getting to know fellow WIC workers from across the nation.
- Hear from thought leaders. The general sessions will be thought provoking and educational. You’ll hear insight from USDA leaders, WIC agencies, researchers, and community members. Use their perspectives to enhance your agency’s work efficiency and goals. Exhibitors will also discuss new products and services for WIC participants.
- Discover new solutions. This conference is a unique learning and career-building opportunity you can’t find anywhere else. Learn about the latest trends and best practices in research and evaluations, technological and program integrity innovations, EBT, and directions for WIC’s future. Equip yourself with the tools, skills, and connections to be successful in your field.
- Get inspired. Take this opportunity to step back from day-to-day concerns and focus on big-picture ideas for the future of the WIC program. Empower yourself and your agency to meet challenges head-on. Give yourself that boost of energy you need, then take it back to your community!
- Attend from wherever you are. All conference sessions, exhibits, and networking will be available online, no matter what time zone you live in. This virtual conference is hosted entirely over the internet and will include pre-recorded and live presentations. You can access various sessions, expand your professional skills, and increase your knowledge base – all from the comfort of your own home! Content will be available anytime online until July 31, so you can plan it around your personal schedule.
For more information about fees and registration, including a group discount breakdown, visit our website. While you're there, learn more about conference sessions, schedule, and exhibitors.