About Course 1
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY CERTIFICATION PROGRAM - COURSE 1: What it Means to be a WIC Leader
The first course in the NWA Leadership Academy Certificate Program emphasizes the foundations of leadership from the work of important thought leaders such as Paul Hersey, Ken Blanchard, Edgar Schein and others. This course will offer participants an opportunity to learn about:
- Team building and discussion of personal integrity and its impact on effective leadership;
- Leadership theory, including applicable leadership models, and the impact of a variety of contingency factors on determining a leadership style appropriate to the situation;
- Practical application of learning based on observation and interaction in their daily WIC assignments;
- Organizational culture and values as a framework for behavioral norms within an institution, and
- The theory and application of managing group dynamics as an important component of a leader’s skill set.