Regional Nutrition Consultant
North Carolina Dept of Health and Human Services (Regional, NC)
This position is for a Regional Nutrition Consultant, home-based in a county served by the position including Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Davie, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly, Surry, Union, Wilkes, and Yadkin. This position provides consultation and technical assistance to local health agencies on program policy for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) and for Medicaid Medical Nutrition Therapy, and supports quality assurance of nutrition programs through program monitoring and evaluation. Statewide travel and occasional overnight travel are required. This position reports to the Lead Regional Nutrition Consultant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
The following competencies must be documented in your job duties on your application and demonstrated in your employment history on your application. Generic job duties will be not considered- job duties should include the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below (if applicable). See resume is not acceptable.
- Experience with principles and practices of normal and therapeutic nutrition and its relationship to growth, chronic disease, principles and practices of behavior change, nutrition needs across the lifespan with a special focus on woman and children, program planning, implementation and evaluation, and public health service delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education techniques and the use of media in the delivery of education.
- Experience in interpreting, understanding and translating research findings into education information, communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing, and to prepare and present educational and training materials to professional and lay groups.
- Experience in planning, designing and developing educational programs, planning programs and intervention strategies, public speaking, organizing work, working with individuals and on a team.
- Skill in problem solving techniques.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting, recommending and implementing policy and procedure guidelines.
- Mastery of the process and practice of consultation.
- Well-developed skills in education/training techniques as applied to adult education and various group process techniques.
More Information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/1959689/regional-nutrition-consultant?keywords=nutrition%20&page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs