Registered Dietitian, Senior
State of Idaho (Boise, ID)
Health District 5 is recruiting for a Registered Dietitian Senior to work within the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program to provide nutrition counseling and education to WIC clients. This position is based in the Twin Falls office.
To plan, develop, conduct, and evaluate nutrition care and education programs for clients in a community; conduct program planning activities; perform related work.
SCPHD offers the following benefits to full time and eligible part-time employees:
- Medical/Vision/Prescript Insurance (PPO, Traditional or High Deductible Plan)
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (coverage amount of annual salary is employer paid; can purchase additional FSAs)
- Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI). (www.persi.idaho.gov)
- Paid holidays (Currently 11 per year)
- Sick leave and Vacation leave (accrues each pay period; increases with longevity)
- 401K and 457 with Roth options available
- For more info go to State of Idaho Employee Portal at www.employee.idaho.gov
Example of Duties
1. Education and counseling.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates nutrition-education programs
- Insures programs meet standards for compliance with federal, state, and district requirements
- Arranges nutrition-education material and conducts clinic and classroom training
- Provides nutritional technical assistance for community and special interest groups
- Collects and analyzes dietary history and medical information to identify nutritional needs of individuals
- Develops and charts nutritional care plan in client records
- Assesses needs and counsels clients on use of plan for normal and therapeutic diets
- Provides outpatient counseling on normal and therapeutic diets
- Provides follow-up to referring physician
- Assesses nutritional status and feeding skills of clients on referral including home visits
- Assesses nutrient content of meals served, insuring quality and program requirements are met
- Issues food vouchers, schedules appointments and makes eligibility determinations for program acceptance
- Resolves questions with grocers holding voucher contracts
- Prepares education material for media release
- Prepares handbooks and instructor manuals
2. Clinic services.
- Participates as health team member in clinics including: Women, Infants, and Children Nutrition Program, Children Special Health Program, Well Child Program, and Cholesterol Health Education
- Coordinates clinics with other department resources
- Provides clinic information to and consults with physicians and staff
- Serves as program consultant
- Draws and reads hematocrits, cholesterol, and similar types of tests
- Operates centrifuge and related equipment
- Sets up classroom and audiovisual equipment for clinics in outlying areas
- Oversees clinic operation and volunteer activities
3. Program planning.
- Evaluates program goals and develops plans and procedures for service delivery in compliance with federal, state, and district directives
- Trains and supervises clinic and related staff
- Coordinates program services with community organizations
- Supervises contract personnel
- Writes annual report; closes out month-end records and charts
- Confers with other registered dietitians to enhance service delivery
- Develops grants, proposals, program budget requests, and activity and expenditure reports
Certification as a Registered Dietitian by the American Dietetic Association; AND eligibility for licensure in the State of Idaho as a Dietitian in accordance with Idaho Code, Section 54-3506
(Licensure MUST be obtained PRIOR to appointment).
Good knowledge of:
- food service management and program planning and evaluation
- education principles and methods as applied to nutrition counseling and education
Experience using a Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) pre-planned program.
This position involves lifting and carrying education material and audio visual equipment weighing up to approximately 40 pounds. Frequent travel to other SCPHD offices is required.
To learn more about the South Central Public Health, please visit our website at: www.phd5.idaho.gov
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
More Information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho/jobs/3302947/registered-dietitian-senior?department=Health%20District%205&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs