STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA invites applications for the position of:
JOB CLASS TITLE: Program Manager I
POSITION NUMBER: 65003756
DEPARTMENT: Dept of Health and Human Services
DIVISION/SECTION: Department of Public Health/ WCH/ Nutrition Services
SALARY RANGE: $56,046.00 - $100,814.00 Annually
RECRUITMENT RANGE: $56,046 - $82,255
SALARY GRADE / SALARY GRADE EQUIVALENT: GN15
COMPETENCY LEVEL: Not Applicable
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent Full-Time
WORK LOCATION: Wake County
OPENING DATE: 09/14/21
CLOSING DATE: 10/15/21 5:00 PM Eastern Time
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all vendor activities within the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) and the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program. This position manages the food delivery system area of the WIC Program and works with approximately 1,700 vendors statewide. Vendors include major grocery chains, independent grocers, convenient stores, military commissaries, and pharmacies. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal regulations, developing State Administrative Procedure Rules, containing food costs, establishment of fraud indicators, management of fraud investigations, and providing overall administrative oversight for the WIC Program’s food delivery system. The position also has responsibility for determining requirements, implementing system functionality within the management information and electronic benefits transfer systems, as well as testing updates.
Salary Grade: GN15
Recruitment Range: $56,046 - $82,255
Exam Plan: 21-09091
About the Nutrition Services Branch
As a part of DHHS, the Division of Public Health is made of a several sections servicing the citizens of North Carolina. The Nutrition Service Branch is a part of the Women and Children’s Health Section within Public Health. Activities of the Nutrition Services Branch promote sound nutrition habits among infants, children and women in their child-bearing years. Branch staff work with county, state and private agencies to improve health status by reducing the incidence of nutritional risk factors, improving pregnancy outcomes, and hastening recovery from illness and injury through the provision of technical assistance, education and supplemental foods.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES:
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
Please refer to the link below for additional information:
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public and business administration.
• Experience interpreting and complying with federal regulations or state statutes/policies.
• Experience creating standard operating procedures and developing corrective action plans, as needed.
• Experience providing training and technical assistance.
• Experience with preparing presentations, documents and reports independently and delivery of information.
• Experience analyzing financial data using statistical methods to develop subsequent operational plans, policies and procedures.
• Extensive experience with program analysis, data analysis and evaluation as well as presentation of information.
• Experience with planning, assigning, and supervising the work of professional and support positions to achieve program goals including performance management within the last five years.
• Proficient experience in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; working knowledge of Access.
• Experience with requirements gathering and/or testing of system functionality.
• Ability to monitor and maintain financial data to meet objectives and ensure compliance.
• Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in applying and interpreting policies and procedures.
• Ability to present information in formal settings.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other State officials, external stakeholders, and the general public.
• Three years of recent experience supervising a cross functional team.
• Experience with developing business requirements, system testing, or reconciling financial data across systems.
• Experience working with federal nutrition programs.
• This is an office-based position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three (3) years of program experience related to the area of assignment, including one year of supervisory program experience;
an equivalent combination of training and experience.
SUPPLEMENTAL AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence. Pre-Employment criminal background checks are required for some positions.
Division of Public Health (DPH) main locations, including their grounds, are tobacco-free as outlined in the Tobacco-free Campus Policy. All tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, e-hookahs, “vape products” and all smokeless tobacco products, may not be used in the indicated areas.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR, 919-707-5450.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
NOTE: Apply to the department listed on posting
An Equal Opportunity Employer, NC State Government