As a WIC Account Manager, you will be responsible for the direction, coordination, and execution of CDP’s contractual obligation for the assigned client(s).
· Serve as the main point of contact for clients throughout the project lifecycle.
· Manage client expectations and ensure that project milestones are met on time and within budget.
· Participate in meetings with clients and their contracted project management office (PMO) by providing information, pitching ideas, and providing status updates.
· Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Collaborate with internal teams and departments to ensure that project requirements are clearly understood and executed.
· Provide regular status updates to clients and senior management.
· Identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling additional services to existing clients.
· Manage help desk ticketing system, monitor help desk ticket activities, assist with triage, and resolve inquiries.
· Travel is required for annual onsite meetings and WIC conferences.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business administration, project management, computer science or a related field.
· In-depth understanding of the Women, Infants & Children program (WIC).
· 7 years of experience being a liaison between business units and technical teams or customers and technical teams.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, with experience managing and motivating cross-functional teams.
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to share ideas and information across diverse audiences. Ability to simplify complex technical matters.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification in good standing
· 7 years working in Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies.
More Information: http://www.cdpehs.com/careers